If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to do some homework to prevent problems before they occur:
- When does your domain registration end? (ie – when do you lose rights to “mydomain.com?)
- Who manages your domain? (ie – when #1 breaks, who do you call?)
- How can you tell if your internet stopage is in your office or caused by your ISP?
- When does your anti-virus licensing expire?
- At what points are your email and files scanned for viruses?
General Computer Issues:
- Did you peek at your backup and security logs today?
- Where are your off-site back-ups? (ie – are there any off-site or do you have them now?)
- Do you have spare replacements on-site (or nearby) for your critical office machines?
- If a critical machine was stolen/destroyed would you know what to buy to replace it?
- Who has your critical passwords should you unexpectedly become incapacitated?
More questions and a list of how to get the answers to come…