I’ve contracted with local Pittsburgh businesses essentially since 1997. There are a large number of sole-practitioners, home office users, and even companies with more than 50 employees that need computer help on a regular, but not full time basis. The support they seek usually includes:
- Sporadic advice on everything from purchase decisions to odd messages to email and internet access problems to website design
- Tune-ups of existing equipment that may have spyware, virus, or even just mis-configuration issues
- Help with efficient internet access, protection, and even remote access
- Back-up and recovery of business-critical data
- PDA and smart-phone configuration and access to business systems
- Installation of new computers, servers, software applications, and accessories and migration from the old systems.
- Strategic help with choosing the right technologies for their business’ future
- Pricing that won’t make them afraid to call the computer guy for a simple question
While there’s no one-size fits all arrangement, I think accommodations can be made to address most of the above for any small Western PA business. Please contact me if you’d like to discuss.